Mailchimp is a leader in the email marketing software (EMS) space and is used by hundreds of thousands of businesses around the world. Mailchimp known for its drag-and-drop email composer, intuitive interface and strong brand. But there are a bunch of really good Mailchimp alternatives ⇣ out there.
Mailchimp is used by hundreds of thousands of small and medium businesses around the world. They started in 2001 and have become one of the most popular email marketing platforms on the Internet.
Whether you are looking for a Mailchimp alternative or something even better or cheaper, this list of Mailchimp competitors has you covered.
- Best overall: Sendinblue ⇣ comes with more and better features. Sendinblue is an all-in-one marketing automation platform to help you grow your business via email, SMS, Facebook ads, chat, CRM, and more.
- Runner-up, Best overall: GetResponse ⇣ is the best-in-class solution for automating your content marketing funnel. Comes with landing page builders, webinars, autoresponders, and everything else you need to automate your email marketing.
- Best cheaper alternative to Mailchimp: Aweber ⇣ is the easiest platform for automating your email marketing funnel and it's no surprise Aweber is the most popular email marketing software out there for small to medium sized businesses.
What is Mailchimp
Mailchimp is an Email Marketing platform that allows you to keep in touch with your customers and email subscribers.
The platform makes it easy for you to not only send but also design beautiful emails that help convert subscribers into sales.
Benefits of Mailchimp
Mailchimp is one of the most popular Email Marketing Platforms on the market. Their platform is built for small businesses and as a result, is one of the easiest Email Marketing Platforms.
Every feature on the platform is easy to understand and use.
- Stunning, industry leading and ready-to-use campaign templates and newsletter designs.
- Advanced personalization, A/B testing, segmentation and ability to merge tags.
- Workflow automation; abandoned cart, RSS to email, product recommendations, welcome email automation.
- Advanced reporting and integrations with favorite apps and web services.
- Campaign sharing on social media.
- Easily create landing pages, Google remarketing ads, Facebook ads, Instagram ads.
If you are just starting out with email marketing, Mailchimp might be the best place to start. AND the cheapest place to start, because their free-forever plan allows for 2,000 email subscribers and 12,000 emails per month.
Best Mailchimp alternatives in 2020
That being said. There are a bunch of really good Mailchimp alternatives out there.
Here's a list of 9 email marketing sites like Mailchimp:
- Official website: www.sendinblue.com
- Leading all-in-one marketing platform (marketing automation, email campaigns, transactional emails, landing pages, SMS messages, Facebook ads and retargeting)
- Charges based on emails sent per month.
- The only platform on the list that also allows you to send SMS to your customer.
Why Use Sendinblue Instead of Mailchimp
If you wish to pay based on the number of emails you send every month, then SendInBlue is one of your only options. Sendinblue's free plan lets you send 300 emails/day.
Unlike Mailchimp, which charges based on how many subscribers you have, Sendinblue charges only for the emails you send. Mailchimp charges even for the inactive subscribers.
Why Use Mailchimp Instead of Sendinblue
Mailchimp is better suited for people who are just starting out, and for those who don't need marketing automation capabilities.
- Official website: www.getresponse.com
- An all-in-one solution to automating your content marketing funnel.
- Offers a landing page builder, webinars platform, autoresponders, and everything else you need to completely automate your marketing.
Why Use GetResponse Instead of Mailchimp
If you want a platform that can help you automate almost all aspects of your marketing funnel, then GetResponse is the way to go.
They offer everything you need to build a complete marketing funnel including a Landing Page Builder, Webinars Hosting Platform, Automation Tools, and much more.
Why Use Mailchimp Instead of GetResponse
If you are just starting out and need a simple platform to manage your Email Marketing, then Mailchimp is the way to go.
Mailchimp offers much fewer features than GetResponse, which makes it much easier to learn and use.
- Official website: www.aweber.com
- Older than Mailchimp; has been in business since 1998.
- Easiest platform for automating your marketing funnel.
- Is the most popular alternative for small to medium sized businesses.
Why Use Aweber Instead of Mailchimp
Aweber specializes in email deliverability and offers one of the highest email deliverability rates on the market. They offer a complete solution for automating your Email Funnel.
Unlike Mailchimp, Aweber is built with automation in mind.
Why Use Mailchimp Instead of Aweber
Unlike Mailchimp, Aweber doesn't offer a free plan but they do offer a generous 30-day free trial.
If you have never used an Email Marketing platform before and just want to test the waters, go with Mailchimp's free plan.
- Official website: www.omnisend.com
- Best for ecommerce and omnichannel marketing automation.
- Integrates with email, SMS, Facebook Messenger, web push notifications, WhatsApp, Viber and more.
- If you are on Shopify then Omnisend is your best option after Mailchimp announced their withdrawal from Shopify.
Why Use Omnisend Instead of Mailchimp
Omnisend is an email marketing and automation platform mainly designed for ecommerce businesses and marketers. Compared to Mailchimp Omnisend is ecommerce-ready and comes with features such as discount codes and customer rewards, cart abandonment automation workflows and loads more. Long story short.
If you're a Shopify or ecommerce marketer, then Omnisend is your best choice when choosing an email marketing platform.
Why Use Mailchimp Instead of Omnisend
Mailchimp is a great tool for small businesses, so if you're a small business, blogger or not running an ecommerce site then stick with Mailchimp. Because Omnisend is aimed at more sophisticated and advanced users, and for ecommerce users, looking for a powerful all in one email marketing platform.
- Official website: www.convertkit.com
- Built for professional bloggers.
- One of the easiest platforms to learn and use.
Why Use ConvertKit Instead of Mailchimp
ConvertKit is best suited for professional bloggers and online creators, although it can be used by businesses of all shapes and sizes.
ConvertKit offers an easy to use interface and makes it super easy for you to manage your email marketing.
Why Use Mailchimp Instead of ConvertKit
Mailchimp is built for businesses big and small. Whether you are a hobbyist blogger or a News giant like The Huffington Post, Mailchimp has got you covered.
- Official website: www.drip.com
- Drip helps you convert all your customer data including transactions and actions into personalized email marketing.
- A combination of CRM and Email Marketing.
Why Use Drip Instead of Mailchimp
Drip isn't built for the average marketer. Go with Drip if you want to take your email marketing to the next level.
They take all your customer data and do the hard work of turning it into personalized emails for you.
Why Use Mailchimp Instead of Drip
Mailchimp is much easier to set up and understand than Drip. If you are just starting out and need a simple platform, then go with Mailchimp.
- Official website: www.mailerlite.com
- An all in one platform for email marketing automation.
- Offers tools for building landing pages, subscription popups, and email automation.
Why Use MailerLite Instead of Mailchimp
MailerLite.com is an affordable yet advanced email marketing platform that can help you manage and automate your entire email marketing funnel.
It comes with tools to help you design your landing pages, subscription popups, and email automation.
Why Use Mailchimp Instead of MailerLite
Mailchimp is a simpler and easier tool than MailerLite. If you are just starting out with email marketing or online marketing in general, then MailerLite might not be the best option for you.
8. MailGet Bolt
- Official website: www.formget.com
- One of the cheapest Email Marketing Platforms.
- Tools to automate everything in your marketing funnel.
Why Use MailGet Bolt Instead of Mailchimp
MailGet Bolt is much cheaper than Mailchimp and offers at least as much functionality as Mailchimp. Offers over 500 customizable email templates you can use.
Why Use Mailchimp Instead of MailGet Bolt
Mailchimp offers is a more trusted and more popular alternative to MailGet Bolt. Their team has a lot more experience than MailGet.
- Official website: www.icontact.com
- Allows you to send unlimited emails to your email subscribers.
- One of the best support teams in the industry.
Why Use iContact Instead of Mailchimp
iContact offers unlimited email sending at no additional cost. They offer advanced features such as A/B Split Testing, List Segmentation, and Automation.
Why Use Mailchimp Instead of iContact
Mailchimp is much simpler than iContact and is built with beginners in mind. It is more suitable for beginners.
Best Mailchimp Alternatives: Summary
So, now we have had a look at some of the better and cheaper Mailchimp alternatives out there.
While Mailchimp is great for beginners, if you want something more out of your email marketing platform, then Mailchimp might not be the best option.
Sendinblue is the best Mailchimp competitor to go with. It's an all in one marketing platform that offers excellent email marketing capabilities, plus landing pages, chat, SMS messages, Facebook ads, retargeting and more.
Some of the email marketing platforms on this list are more advanced than the others. If you are a professional blogger, I recommend you to go with ConvertKit. On the other hand, if you want an advanced Email Marketing platform to automate your entire funnel, then go with GetResponse.