In this tutorial I will show you how easy it is to install WordPress on your SiteGround hosting account.
There is a number of possible ways on how to install WordPress to your SiteGround hosting account, but here I am going to guide you through two of the easiest WordPress installation methods.
Method 1. Installing WordPress On SiteGround Using The Setup Wizard
Login to your SiteGround Customer Area. Click on the banner that says “Get your new site up and running!“.
Here you choose, get WordPress pre-installed on this account, and click proceed.
First choose your login details for WordPress. This is the username and password (P.S. always use strong passwords) which you use to login to the backend of WordPress site.
Then choose a WordPress theme (optional) to be installed with your WordPress site. If do not choose a theme here, you will get the default basic WordPress theme. If you already have a WordPress theme you you want to use then don’t choose a template from here.
Click Submit and WordPress will be installed and configured for you and you will be given the login details.
Method 2. Installing WordPress on SiteGround Using Softaculous
The next method is a bit more semi-automatic and it uses the Softaculous WordPress Installer (gives you a few more options to customize your WordPress installation).
So what’s Softaculous? Basically it’s a software script library that automates the installation of open-source applications like WordPress (but also Joomla, Magento etc.).
First, login to your SiteGround Customer Area and access your cPanel.
Next, look for the “WordPress Installer” icon. Click on it.
Next, you’ll be taken to a page that gives you a bit of an overview of WordPress. Click on the “Install” button.
- Choose protocol. Choose which of the provided protocols your WordPress website should be accessible from. For example I use https://www.websitehostingrating.com
- Choose domain. Select the domain name you want to install WordPress on from the drop box
- Install in directory. Leave this blank to install on the domain directly. If you are installing in a subfolder of your site you type in the folder name. For example, if you type in folder-name then WP will be installed: website.com/folder-name.
- Site name. The name of your WordPress site.
- Site description. The description or “tagline” for your WordPress site.
- Enable multisite (WPMU). Make sure this box is unchecked as you don’t want WPMU (Multiuser) enabled.
- Admin username. Enter a username for your WordPress Dashboard login.
- Admin password. Enter a password for your WordPress Dashboard login.
- Admin email. Enter an email address for your WordPress Dashboard login.
- Select language. Choose what language you would like your WordPress platform installed in. The list of supported languages is quite big and most probably you will find your native language there
- Limit login attempts (Loginizer). Enable this checkbox as you want the “Limit Login Attempts” plugin installed, as it boosts the security on your WordPress website
- Choose a theme to install. Select none unless you want to use a WordPress theme from the dropdown.
- Advanced options. Here you can rename the database name and table prefix, but you can leave the default values as-is.
- Install. Hit the install button and WordPress will begin installing, once done you will be shown the login details (and emailed too to the above email address you nominated)
In case you’ve followed the steps from this tutorial, you will now have a WordPress website installed and all setup on your SiteGround hosting account.
You can now login to WordPress and begin editing themes, uploading plugins and adding content to your brand new WordPress website.